“Insightful guidance and creative tips”: Don’t miss Joan Masztaler’s presentations, geared specifically for seniors and their adult children
Denver Realtor® & Expert in Senior Transitions, Joan Masztaler, SRES, CSHP frequently presents throughout metro Denver, often at regional senior centers. In fact, Joan often shares the podium with other experts in senior issues including attorneys, financial planners, and retirement community professionals.
Joan’s talks for seniors provide valuable information to downsize or “rightsize” your belongings to prepare your family home for sale. For adult children of seniors, Joan offers insightful guidance to start “the conversation” with your parent – addressing the issues and concerns around selling their home, moving to a retirement community, and transitioning to a new stage in life.
“The Art of Downsizing”
The thought of downsizing and moving to a retirement community can be daunting. This presentation, geared specifically to seniors, eases that anxiety with a step-by-step approach. In fact, Joan Masztaler has discovered that, for many of her senior clients, the anxiety they feel is not related to moving, but rather to preparing for the move. This presentation offers solutions to ease those anxieties.
- How to choose the right time for your move
- Tips to “rightsize” and sort through years of belongings
- The status of the current real estate market: whether it’s a Buyer’s Market or Seller’s Market
“How to Start the Conversation with Mom and Dad”
Do you have aging parents living at home? Do you envision that – at some point – they may need to transition to a senior living facility or consider other care options? In this highly relevant presentation, Joan Masztaler offers insight on how to avoid the 5 common mistakes that adult children of aging parents often make regarding senior housing and care options. These common mistakes include:
- Waiting until a crisis occurs before having the conversation with aging parents about long-term housing and care options.
- Failing to adequately equip the home with accessibility features, which can support safe and successful aging-in-place.
- Lacking knowledge about the many senior living and care options available throughout metro-Denver.
- Trying to singlehandedly manage the liquidation of the estate and personal items without professional guidance and support.
- Lacking appropriate documentation when it’s time to make housing and care option transitions.